This is a paid piece from Startup Sioux Falls.
Simplified: You don't have to be an entrepreneur or business owner to benefit from a coworking membership at Startup Sioux Falls. Here's a look at some of the perks of the space and what current members are saying.
Why it matters
- Startup Sioux Falls is approaching its one-year anniversary in its newly remodeled facility at the corner of Sixth Street and Phillips Avenue.
- Since opening in February, Startup Sioux Falls has nearly doubled its number of coworking members from 125 founding members to more than 230 members today.
- It's all about enhancing your work experience and being surrounded by a community. Photographer Aanna Chase moved to Sioux Falls from Chicago last summer and knew she was going to need a place to find her people and get connected.
"As soon as I went to my first event at Startup Sioux Falls, I was hooked," Chase said. "I have met so many people in so many different lines of work, and it's just incredible the support that everyone gives each other."
Tell me more about the perks of coworking at Startup Sioux Falls
Startup's mission is to empower founders and ignite innovation, and while programming is often centered on entrepreneurship, the coworking memberships are for anyone who's looking for a professional space to work outside of the home – whether you just need a break from your home office or you're sick of hopping from one coffee shop to another.
"What we've found is that people want to work outside of the house," Community Coordinator Amos Buelow said. "They crave interactions with others, even if it's just working next to someone who's also getting some good work done."
Ross Effling is a software developer who moved to Sioux Falls last December. He got connected to Startup Sioux Falls initially as a place to do his remote work outside of the house.
- He's since upgraded his membership to have a dedicated desk in the coworking space, and he's found it to be a good space to escape the "cabin fever" feeling of remote work and have space to socialize.
"If you're someone that's going to different coffee shops or trying to find different places to get your work done, definitely give Startup Sioux Falls a try," Effling said.
Coworking members all have access to the following resources:
- Networking space to hold meetings,
- Coffee from The Source,
- Up to 24/7 access to the facility,
- Free or discounted tickets to events,
- Other unique member discounts and opportunities,
- Access to a private member community on Slack.
What are my options for membership?
Startup Sioux Falls has three different options for coworking:
- A Social Club membership includes two coworking passes per month, and social club members can have networking meetings between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. with coffee included, as well as access to member events and benefits. Rates are $25/month or $250 for the year.
- A Hot Desk membership offers 24/7 access to the building, printing, and three guest coworking passes per month. Rates are $100/month or $1,000 for the year.
- A Dedicated Desk membership includes – as indicated – a dedicated sit/stand desk just for you with a lockable cabinet. It also includes five credit hours for meeting rooms per month, four monthly guest passes and a business mailing address. Rates are $300/month or $3,000 for the year.