Simplified: Mother's Day is just around the corner. Here are a few ways to show mom some love while also supporting Sioux Falls businesses.
Why it matters
- She birthed you.*
*Or raised you, or served as a maternal figure in your life. Or, maybe you're looking for a way to just celebrate mom friends, your own partner, moms in general, it's all tough work and deserves to be celebrated.
Ok, ok – just make it easy for me to do something nice
Here are some suggestions:
- Brunch it up. It's a classic tradition. Take mom to a local brunch spot – there are plenty to choose from! (Though, if you need help finding options, KKRC has a roundup of local spots.)
- Send a gift. Mom doesn't live in town? Consider sending a custom gift box from a local company like Wonderfully Made Co. or Prairie & Pine.
- Give her a spa moment. The Spa on Phillips has a spa package just for mom including a massage, mani/pedi and facial. Or, if you want a special mom and kid spa day, they've also got a "Mommy & Me" mani/pedi package.
- Send flowers. As with most of these categories, there are more local businesses than can fit in just one story, but a couple to get you started are Bella Rosa Flower Market, The Flower Mill and The Flower Lady. Want something longer lasting? Try a dried arrangement from In Flower. Or, take it one step further and have Trykket Flowers preserve the bouquet you buy her.
- Send something sweet. For the mom who would rather have food than flowers, you've got plenty of options. Oh My Cupcakes has a bouquet of cupcakes, Day Lily Coffee has cakes for pre-order, or you can always pick up something fancy from CH Patisserie.
- Take her out for a beer. Severance Brewing Co. is hosting a Mother's Day market on Saturday, May 13 where people can make their own flower bouquet, shop local vendors and, of course, grab a beer.
- Don't forget the dog moms. Fur babies are a lot of work, too. Shop Dog Boutique is celebrating pet parents and raising money for Rescue Network during their event starting 11 a.m. Saturday, May 13.