It's a busy week in Sioux Falls! Here's a look at some of the events happening around town:
- Party downtown. It's the first Friday of the month, and that means there's a party downtown. Check out the Eastbank Block Party starting at 5:30 p.m. at 8th and Railroad. There will be food, drinks and music. Details here.
- See Shakespeare in the park. The Bare Bodkins production of "Romeo & Juliet" runs Thursday through Sunday. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and see the bard's classic in a fun, free, outdoor format. Details here.
- Celebrate Native American culture. The SDSU Wokini Intiative is teaming up with Levitt at the Falls to bring the Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ All My Relatives festival to town Friday and Saturday. There'll be a panel discussion, a fashion show, activities for kids and lots of live music. Get the details here.
- Catch some cool cars. Hot Summer Nites 2023 kicks off at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the fairgrounds. See hundreds of corvettes, have some beers, find food trucks and more. Details here.
- Birds, beers, baseball. It's "Beerfest Night" at the Birdcage on Saturday. See the Sioux Falls Canaries play the Chicago Dogs, and come early to try samples from local breweries. Tickets available here.
- Get some garden envy. Explore eight Sioux Falls gardens at the Minnehaha Master Gardeners 2023 Garden Tours. It's a self-guided tour running from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets available here.
- Paddle like a pro. Learn the basics of canoeing and kayaking at the Outdoor Campus. The open-house style event runs from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday. More details here.