Summer is in full swing! From block parties to pools opening to the first Levitt concerts, here's a look at what's happening this week.
- Check out some art. Dada Gastropub is hosting a free art show in the parking lot from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday. Swing by and support local artists.
- Eat your veggies. The Good Earth Farm is hosting Veg Fest from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Eat vegetarian and vegan meals from a number of vendors including Daily Clean Food and Drink, Windy City Bites and Buenisimo. Free tickets available here.
- Live, laugh, Levitt. Levitt at the Falls kicks off its 2022 season on Friday with a performance by The Burroughs. That's followed up by a Saturday show with The Clover Fold. These are two of the 50 performances scheduled throughout the summer. Lawn opens at 6:30 p.m., and music starts at 7. Catch the full summer lineup here.
- Celebrate 6/05. It's the one day of year where the date matches our area code. Celebrate with 605 Magazine at Fernson Downtown between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dress in '90s attire for a free 605 sticker, and check out 605 Magazine's summer issue beer. Details here.
- Party downtown. It's the first First Friday of the summer, and that means it's block party time. Check out food trucks, live music and vendors in the 8th and Railroad lot from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday.
- Go swimming. City pools open June 3, and – unlike last year – they'll all be open and staffed. Learn more here.