Here's a look at the Thanksgiving fun happening this weekend in Sioux Falls.
- Cheers to 'drinksgiving.' It's the informal holiday where you get together with all of your hometown friends to drink on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Glacial Lakes Distillery will have live music and drink specials. Details here.
- Get lit. The 31st Annual Parade of Lights takes place downtown starting at 7:30 p.m. Friday. The route runs down Phillips Avenue from 13th Street to 5th Street. There's also an after party at the Holiday Inn City Centre. Details here.
- Get (more) lit. Also on Friday night is the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony at the Washington Pavilion. The event kicks off at 5:45 p.m. with entertainment and refreshments, and the tree lights up at 6:25 p.m. Details here.
- Shop small. It's Small Business Saturday this week! Small businesses across town have special deals, promos and events, and to fuel your shopping spree with a free coffee through Avera's Sip and Shop event. Details here.
- Give back. It's also Giving Tuesday on Nov. 28, and there are too many local nonprofits to list here, but consider keeping your money close to home this year. If you need help finding a local nonprofit to support, you can support multiple organizations through a gift to Sioux Empire United Way.
- See art and animals. The Great Plains Zoo is hosting the Creative Creatures art show Saturday afternoon starting at 1 p.m. Visitors will get to see murals from nine local artists, and kids can create their own "murals" on large pieces of paper. More details here.
- Run before the feast. Log some miles and give back to The Banquet at the Thanksgiving Run for the Banquet at the fairgrounds starting at 9 a.m. Thursday.