There's something for everyone this weekend in Sioux Falls, from live music to Legos. Here's a look at what's happening this coming week.
- Join a community feast. The Union Gospel Mission is hosting the inaugural First Fruits Harvest Festival downtown Saturday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring a dish to share, enjoy music, outreach and crafts, and the feast begins at 6 p.m. Get the details and RSVP here.
- Preview a local show. The Premiere Playhouse is performing a free preview of its upcoming show "Young Frankenstein." The performance will take place starting at 8 p.m. Friday at Club David. Goofy costumes encouraged, but not required. Details here.
- Take the dog to a picnic. Shop Dog Boutique and B-Squad Dog Rescue are teaming up for a Puppy Picnic 11 a.m. Saturday at the boutique. There will be bark-cuterie for the pups and mocktails for the puppy parents. Details here.
- Play with Legos (and also beer). Put your Lego building skills to good use – and even win some prizes – at a new event at Remedy Brewing. Bricks & Minifigs is partnering with the brewery for the "Bricks & Beers" event starting 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Remedy. Specific contest details here.
- Geek out about books. Take a short drive up to Brookings this weekend for the 20th annual Festival of Books. Hear from authors, attend poetry readings and share your love of literature with fellow bookworms. Find a full schedule and tickets here.
- Get weird about beards. Bottoms Up in Brandon is hosting a "Beard Clash" starting at 5 p.m. Saturday. So, if facial hair is your thing, you can go watch hairy dudes compete for bragging rights. Or, if you yourself have a beard, you can go clash with other beard-having folks. Details here.