The temperature is finally dropping, so this week is a great chance to get outside and enjoy fall before we're straight into winter. If you're not the autumn type, there's still plenty of arts, literature and community events to finish out your September.
- Get inspired. This Tuesday, the first Women’s Visionary Summit will host entrepreneurial, spirited speakers from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Washington Pavilion. Join for breakfast, networking and more. Details and tickets here.*
- Walk for reason. Join the Buddy walk at Paisley Park on Saturday at 10 a.m. to help raise funds for Down syndrome awareness. There will be music, kid's activities and a raffle. Details here.
- Fall into fall. The annual fall festival at The County Apple Orchard is happening Friday through Sunday in Harrisburg. Pick apples and pumpkins, walk through a corn maze or enjoy the beer garden. Details and ticket info here.
- Support Native artists. Visit the Northern Plains Indian art market on Saturday or Sunday to view and buy Native Art. Ticket price and details here.
- Book it to Brookings. The South Dakota Festival of Books is in Brookings this Saturday and Sunday. Visit for author talks, craft sessions, panel discussions, poetry readings and more. Details here.
- Light the Night. Support blood cancer patients and families at Falls Park on Thursday for the annual Light the Night. There will be food trucks, a ceremony and other activities. Details here.
*denotes a sponsored event post. If you'd like to see your event featured here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.