Ready for some fall fun? From apple picking to dog charcuterie to dachshund racing, here's a look at what's happening this week.
- Cheer on racing dachshunds. It's the annual Germanfest event Saturday in Fawick Park. Find beer, food, polka music and, of course, the annual dachshund race. Details here.
- See some cool art. Tons of vendors will be setting up shop downtown on Saturday for the Sidewalk Arts Festival. Buy some art, get some food and check out some live music and other entertainment. See a full list of activities here. Festival runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Celebrate 100 years of Embe. Embe is marking a century of supporting women and the Sioux Falls community at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the downtown branch. They're also running a fundraising campaign to raise $100,000 to support the various programs the nonprofit offers. Details here.
- Drink beer. Monks is hosting Beervana from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Try lots of craft beer samples. Details here.
- Make charcuterie for your dog. Bark-cuterie? Cultivated in Love and Paws Pet Resort are teaming up for a class on how to build a dog-friendly charcuterie board. The class is 7 p.m. Thursday at Paws Pet Resort. Details here.
- Get a psychic reading. Get a reading from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Full Circle Book Co-Op. Money will go to support a fund for the readers mother, who was diagnosed with cancer. Details here.
- Go apple-pickin'. It's the Fall Festival all weekend long at the County Apple Orchard. $14 admission gets you access to the corn maze, hay rides, petting zoo, zipline and more. Full details here.
- Look at cool houses. The Sioux Empire Parade of Homes starts this weekend with dozens of homes to peruse. Whether you're looking for remodeling inspiration or you're just a good ol' fashioned lookie-loo, here are the details.