The weather is heating up, and there are plenty of ways to get out and about this week. Whether you're into dancing, shopping or celebrating, here's a few events around town this week.
- *Play in the past. Get your tickets now for the 22nd annual Siouxland Renaissance Festival. Experience the Renaissance era, viewed from Tudor England, in this family-friendly two-day event on June 3 and 4 at the W. H. Lyon Fairgrounds. More info and tickets available here.
- Dance in the round. Augustana’s Native American Student Association & Shinin Star Style are collaborating to host a Round Dance at Augustana starting at 5 p.m. The evening will start with a meal and then dancing will begin. More snacks will also be offered. Details here.
- Dance back in time. El Riad's Prom Through the Ages dance starts on Friday at 6:45 p.m with Rumba lessons. DJ music starts at 7:30 p.m. Details here.
- Gear up with a beer. Drink, shop and enjoy family activities at the Great Outdoor Store on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. All proceeds from the day support the Leif Erickson kid's camp. Details here.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Head to Falls Park on Saturday to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Find food, games, music and more from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Details here.
- Bike to work (plus tacos). It's Bike to Work Week, and Sioux Falls Bicycle Company is celebrating with a taco bar on Thursday. Details here.
- Don't forget to celebrate all the moms. It's Mother's Day on Sunday, so don't forget to celebrate your own mom, maternal figures, the mother of your children, or, hey, yourself! Here's a roundup of local ways to show all the moms some extra love.
*Denotes a sponsored event listing.